My name is Helen. I have lived in my own home on my own for the last 16 years in Te Awamutu. I don’t know what I would have done without ConneXu.
I have had support over the years to do many things:
- Transport to assist with independent shopping.
- Getting out and about to many things in the community such as life unlimited, creative fibre and the country music club.
- I have joined the hearing association and diabetes group.
- I also go to a coffee group.
- I am supported to manage my own finances and savings so I can attend events that I choose such as the Kenny Rodgers Concert, which I really enjoyed..
- I am now saving my money so I can travel to Australia for a holiday.
- I have support to attend my health appointments.
- I make my own jewellery with the help of a volunteer – she comes once a week and helps me to do all the fiddly bits like tying the threads etc.
ConneXu has helped me so much over the years to be independent and do as much for myself as I can.